- The Secondary School starts at the age of 11 in the British System.
- Compulsory Secondary Education is divided into two levels: Lower Secondary and Middle Secondary, also known as Key Stages: KS3 and KS4.
Lower Secondary Education (KS3)
- Lower Secondary Education (KS3) is a transitory stage between Primary and Secondary. Ranging from 11 to 14 years.
- This stage aims at acquiring more abilities and knowledge based on a more focused study of several subjects: Mathematics, English, Science, History, Social Sciences, ICT, PSHE, Chinese, Spanish Language and Geography.
- The British Curriculum suggests a balanced combination between science and arts, creativity, Physical and Social Education so that students have the opportunity to expand both their abilities and technical knowledge at this stage.
- Teachers are mostly English native speakers, together with some Spanish teachers for Spanish culture subjects. They are all specialized in different fields and areas
Middle Secondary Education (KS4)
- Middle Secondary Education (KS4) is the last stage of Compulsory Secondary Education. Once achieved, students may directly enter the labor market or accede the Upper Secondary School (Bachillerato in Spanish).
- It´s divided in two school years: Y10 and Y11, usually between 14 and 16 years of age.
- The main objective of this important stage is being prepared for the external Cambridge exams I.G.C.S.E. (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) taken at the end of Y11.
- Students need to pass 5 required subjects with C or better in order to get this certificate. These subjects are: English, Science, Mathematics, Spanish Language and Spanish Literature.
- Assessments and qualifications of our Secondary Education students are given by the prestigious international entity CIE (Cambridge International Examination), highly recognized worldwide academically and at professional levels.
- This certification is also approved by the Spanish education authority allowing our students both Spanish and British recognition of Secondary Education.